Wednesday 19 December 2012

Something A Little Different Today


I'm having a little break today from Christmas crafting ... actually it is something of an enforced break, as I realised on Monday evening that I needed to make a birthday card RIGHT AWAY if I were to be able to post it yesterday and ensure it reaches the recipient in time for her birthday on Sunday! By the time I'd finished the last of my Christmas makes on Monday night for last-day 2nd class posting, I didn't start making this one until 10:45 pm so I didn't have a lot of time to hang about. This is the result.


About a month ago I was fortunate enough to win a $25 gift voucher for Simon Says Stamp - the first time this has happened - so I decided the obvious way forward was to purchase something only available from the store that I couldn't get elsewhere.  I love Memory Box dies, and there are some fabulous ones in the range made specifically for SSS; so I ordered three of them and they arrived about a week ago - woo hoo! The gorgeous delicate flower on this card is "Meadow Rue" ... soooo pretty cut out using pink glitter card!

My idea for using this die was partly prompted by the need for speed, and also by the fact that I was itching to use the gorgeous die cut which is behind the flower - this pretty delicate Spellbinders diecut was one of several sent to me in a "cheer you up" gift package from my lovely friend Jennifer (thanks so much dear xx) - and I was really pleased with how it went with the flower die. in fact I think I now NEED it and have put it on my Santa list :-).

I completed the look with a sheet of sparkly paper, a sentiment from my newest LotV set (loving these stamps!), delicate die cut corners and delicate ribbon - the whole thing was done in about 45 minutes start to finish, and it didn't even need a "large letter" stamp when I came to post it - yay!

Stamps: LotV "Everyday Grungy Messages" ;
Papers: Papermania "Lucy Cromwell";
Supplies: organza ribbona nd gems from my stash;
Tools: Simon Says Stamp "Meadow Rue" flower die; "Floral Ovals" nestabilities; Cheery Lynn "Lace Flourish" corners.

Challenges:
Fab 'n' Funky #152 - Add Ribbon Or Lace
Papertake Weekly - Pick Of The Year
(All Things Girle - 17th July)
Really Reasonable Ribbon #62 - Anything Goes + Ribbon
Creative Inspirations #194 - Anything Goes
Divas By Design #66 - Anything Goes
Thanks for visiting - I'll be back tomorrow with another Christmas card !!

8 comments:

Caroline said...

Pauline this is gorgeous I love the design. Caroline xxx

Jennifer said...

WOW Pauline, this is soooooo breathtakingly beautiful!

Your 'Meadow Rue' die-cut, and the 'Floral Oval' look as if they were made for each other. Every element of your card is "Perfick"!

A delicate 10/10...no, make that 11/10!

Luv,
Jennifer. x

debby4000 said...

Wonderful, beautiful card, you definitely need that oval hope Santa brings it to you.
luv
Debby

Sarah-Jane said...

Wonderful card, so pretty. Thank you for joining us at Sketch n Stash.
Sarah-Jane xx

Bonnie Garby said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

Heather said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for joining us at RRR!
Hugs
Heather

Julie said...

Gorgeously pretty card, Pauline! Thanks for joining in our challenge at SNS, hugs, Juliexx

Jean said...

another beautiful card xxxx