Friday 14 December 2012

A Couple More Quick Christmas Makes


Good morning everyone - my work project has been so demanding over the past six months that I ended up with a lot of  holidays left to take before the end of the year ... so I've finished work yesterday for Christmas ... no more work til 2nd January - YIPPEE!!

One down side of this was that I had to have all my cards made and written for my colleagues in good time; so I had a couple more focussed card-making sessions earlier in this week, going on late into the evening to get them all finished.

Here are a couple of fairly simple ones I made - I'm quite pleased with this pared-down look though.

Card 1:


Stamps: LotV "Teddy & Robin"; Stempendous sentiment;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers; Stickles on the snow;
Supplies: wooden snowflake from Hobbycraft; ribbon from my stash.

Challenges:
One Stop Craft Challenge #208 - Christmas Friends
Incy Wincy - Christmas With Snowflakes
Dutch Dare#195 - Snowflakes
Crazy 4 Challenges #166 - Favourite Holiday Stamps
Simon Says - Favourites (LotV stamps, ribbon)

Card 2:


Card details as above + twine from The Ribbon Girl

Challenges:
DYSU #102 - Christmas
Charisma #49 - Christmas Makes
I ♥ Promarkers # 147 - One For The Boys
Crafts & Me #114 - No Blues Allowed
Papertake Weekly - Snow White
Ready-Teddy-Go #17 - Clean & Simple
Sparkles Christmas #23 - Button Or Bow (2nd entry)

I'm off now to have lunch, and then a totally relaxing afternoon getting ready for my works Christmas party :-) Hope you're all keeping safe and warm.
Hugs,

22 comments:

susie said...

Love the simplicity of these cards and the lili of the Valley stamp is beautiful xxx

Caroline said...

Beautiful card's the image is one of my favorites. Caroline xxx

ribenaruby said...

Oh wow Pauline, both are equally stunning! Have a great evening. Ruby x

Debs M said...

gorgeous cards and colouring,love that sentiment! Thanks for joining us for our ‘Clean and Simple’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x
Debbie Dt

Squirrel x said...

Finished work til 2nd Jan? Oh sh'up!! You lucky thing, but I know it has been a hard year so I hope you can chill out and relax properly. These CAS cards are perfection hun, so gorgeous. Hugs Sxx

Unknown said...

Lovely card,very sweet image. Love how you have coloured the teddy. Thanks for joining us at Forever Friends Monthly challenge this month. Good luck. xx Tracey DT member

Kim said...

these both look gorgeous Pauline, love that stamp!
Kim x

Natalie Laurijssen said...

Oh, I love this image! It's so cute! Thanks for joining us at Forever friends monthley.
X - Natalie - X

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards Pauline! LOVE the wooden ornaments too! and beautifully coloured image... have a great long holiday! hugs me xx

Great to see you at Incy Wincy this week, hugs Samantha :0)

cotnob said...

These are both stunning cards Pauline, I love the image and your pared-down look if fabulous.
Thank you for joining us at Forever Friends this month.
Pauline
x

Tanya said...

These are both fab Pauline, I love how you coloured them - so perfect! I love the wooden snowflakes and the ribbon and twine :)

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge at Forever Friends Challenge Blog :)

Tanya xx

Jennifer said...

At risk of repeating myself, I think this is my favourite LOTV Christmas image. As you have done so before, you have created 2 gorgeous cards with it! The simplicity of your design has allowed the image to have 'the starring role'.

So glad to hear that you now have some time off work to 'catch your breath', and enjoy the festive season.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!

Enjoy your well deserved break Pauline!
xx

Wendy Fraser said...

Aww, these are just adorable, my fave LOTV stamp of this year. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

Lisa Carroll said...

These are adorable! Love how you used the snowflake embellishments. :) Thanks for joining us in the "What's Your Favorite?" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog this week! xx

shaz earl said...

A brilliant creation!

Thank you for sharing at Sparkles Christmas Challenges this time
Good luck in the draw

Shaz x

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely cards
Thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Sindhu said...

Adorable teddy! :)Lovely card...

Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma!

Julies Crafty Creations said...

This so simple and yet soooo stylish, I love the image
Thanks for joining in with our Christmas challenge over at Forever Friends and good luck
Julie x
My blog
Pennys Challenges DT member
Fashionista DT member
Forever Friends DT member
OSAAT DT member

Tip Top said...

I do like this style and it looks really effective too! Thank you for joining in at Crimbo Crackers – hope you can join me again for the next challenge! Crimbo Crackers

Diane Louise J said...

Lovely card... thanks for joining the Monthly Forever Friends ‘Christmas Card’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will join us for our next challenge. Merry Christmas, Hugs Diane x

RoseC said...

Pauline, your beautifully colored Teddy and Robin looks fabulous on these wonderfully simple Christmas cards. That wooden snowflake adds such a magical and earthy touch! So glad to see your entry at the Crafts and Me Stamps digi team's "Why So Blue? = No Blues Allowed!" challenge. Hugz, ~ Rose