Saturday 17 November 2012

Big birthday wishes


Good morning crafters. I haven't managed to post anything all week as we have been having some 'pooter problems ... so this is my first experimental attempt to see if I can get back into it !! :-)

One of my friends who I don't see very often had her 50th birthday yesterday ... I always knew her birthday was coming up and had a card at the ready, but for some reason I thought her 50th was still a year away. As luck would have it I ran into another friend on Tuesday who put me straight, so Tuesday night I thought I'd better sit down and make a specific card for the occasion.

Unfortunately on demand I couldn't get any inspiration to come straight away... then I remembered another card Imade that I was very pleased with (previously posted here); so I thought I would CASE myself lol! So I made another very similar card to the previous one - here's the result.


The card is actually very sparkly as I used various shades of pink and green glitter card, though it is difficult to see in the dull lighting conditions - here's a closeup.


Stamps: Penny Black "To You..." (2908F);
Papers: pearlised white embossed card from my stash;
Supplies: pearls from The Hobby House; ribbon from Hobbycraft; lace from John Lewis;
Tools: Memory Box "Prim Poppy" die; Cuttlebug "Hippie Chick" number dies; Leone Em "Ash Family" leaf punch; X-Cut small butterfly punch.

Challenges:
J&C Creations (November) - Floral Delights
Papertake Weekly - Flower Power
Ooh La La #118 - Someone Special
In The Pink #8 - Punches and/or Dies
Crafty Cardmakers #79 - More Than One Punches &/or Die Cuts
The Pink Elephant #174 - Punches / Dies
Penny Black & More at Allsorts (November) - Any Die Will Do
ABC - B is for Butterfly
Gem Of A Challenge #59 - Ribbon and Lace
Crafty Catz #159 - Let's Have Sparkle
Oldie But A Goodie - Anything But Christmas
(sentiment stamp is fairly old)
Dream Valley #45 - Anything Goes

The weather's not looking great today, so I'm hoping to get some crafting done. If this post works ok I'll hope to be back soon with the results of my efforts :-)

Have a great weekend.

31 comments:

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Helen
A gorgeous and beautiful card love the colour's and how you have used the dies thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
Hugs Dianne xx :)

Jennifer said...

Totally, totally gorgeous, Pauline - breathtaking in fact!

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Christine L said...

What a fabulous card... I love those poppies and the way you have coloured them... and the sentiment on the tag is perfect too. I'm sure your friend will treasure it.

Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink... hope to see you again soon!

Hugs
Christine x

Caroline said...

Gorgeous card Pauline I love the flower die and the colours and layout are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Sue said...

This is stunning Pauline. I love the design and the colours are so beautiful

Sue

Ellibelle said...

Hi Pauline!
What a beautiful card! I love the soft colors, the sparkle looks fabulous, love the use of the little pearls. Just gorgeous!
So glad you joined us at ABC! Good luck!

Ellibelle said...

PS: Forgot to add, also thank so much for sharing at Penny Black and More! It's perfect for our "Any die will do" challenge.
Good luck!

Nat said...

Love your pretty card & soft colours. I'm a big fan of casing yourself, especially when Mr Mojo is MIA!! Thank you for joining us at J & C Creations this month.
Natx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous card Pauline. I love the poppy die and the soft colours.
Lorraine x

ribenaruby said...

Wow, Pauline this is stunning..absolutely beautiful, I'm sure it'll be greatly received! Ruby x

lainey said...

delightful card :) lainey x

Kim said...

stunning card, love the soft colours - all looks so elegant
Kimx

Unknown said...

What A great card you have made and a wonderful design.

Thanks you for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this week.

Hugs
Betty

Patty Sue 2 said...

I am sure your friend will love this beautiful card for her 50th. Ilove the soft look and the splarkles! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and I hope we see more of your lovely work in our future challenges!

brenda said...

A beautifully elegant feeling card Pauline and lovely use of the poppy die.

Thanks so much to joining our Any Die Will Do theme at Penny Black and More challenge this month.

B x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

The Poppy die is gorgeous Pauline - it frames the sentiment perfectly. Love all the glitter too!
Thank you for joining in the fun again at ITP - do pop by next time!
Sylvia xx

Wendi said...

What a beautiful creation so elegant I love your embossing and the sparkly card is lovely
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Christine said...

Gorgeous B/day creation love how you used the glittered card to punch out the poppies, lovely design & colours

Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink chall

smiles Christine GDT ITP.X

Linby said...

You've used one of my fav dies beautifully, love the addition of the leaves on this version too.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Liz McGuire, said...

Hi Pauline, it's gorgeous, love those shades of pink,

Liz x

Jo Grason said...

such a beautiful card I love every element you've used (might have to case it myself ;)) Thanks for sharing it with us at Ooh La La, good luck!
Jo xxx

Mau xx said...

This is so pretty Pauline, I saw it on "In the Pink" Love the colour and textured look of the poppies.
Hugs Mau xx

Anonymous said...

Love the pastel shades, very sweet, Thanks so much for joining in at ABC this time
hugs julie P

Naomi Johnson said...

A beautiful card. Simply stunning. Thanks for sharing it with us at crafty catz this week. Naomi

fionalawlor said...

This is beautiful! I love all the pretty pink and lovely lace :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our ‘More than 1 punch or Die-Cut Challenge’
Fiona x

MagsB said...

Oh how beautiful, so elegant! I love the die-cuts (I'm lusting after that die, but I must be strong and wait until after Christmas! Otherwise I'd just spend all my money and the family would have to have soup for Christmas Dinner!!!) Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley!

love Mags B x

Sharon said...

What a beautiful card Pauline. I love it! Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers. Sharon x

susiestacey said...

Beautiful card, very elegant and l love the dies you have used.
Thank you for joining the Any Die Will Do challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Oldie But A Goodie challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracy said...

Meant to also say Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck
Happy crafting
Tracy x