Wednesday 29 August 2012

Black and White and 40 All Over!


Hi there ... today I would like to show you the 40th birthday card I made last night for my boss at work. Making men's cards is never easy, but for once I had a very clear idea about what I wanted to make, partly on the basis of challenges I spotted and partly on the basis of the stash I had to hand. So instead of dithering about like I normally do, I just cracked on and made it - here's the result.


Stamps: LotV "Cheers Bear"; Whimsy ticket stamp; See-D birthday sentiment;
Media: Promarkers and Flexmarkers;
Papers: Black Market Paper Society "Ebony & Alabaster";
Supplies: Papermania gems and twine;
Tools: Cuttlebug "Hippie Chick" die cut numbers; Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder.


Challenges:
Lili's Little Fairies - Spots or Stripes
(I have both, both on the image and the papers !! :-)  )
PTW - Free For All Sketch
(I chose Sketch #68 - flipped)


My Time To Craft #186 - Milestone Birthdays
Divas By Design #50 - Let's Celebrate!
Creative Craft - Monochromatic Birthday
Paper Pretties Wednesday #221 - Black + White + 1
Hooked on Crafts #24 - Cards For Men
Incy Wincy - Frogs 'n' Snails 'n' Puppy Dogs' Tails
Top Tip Tuesday #84 - Birthday Gifts
Crafty Pad - Twine
A Gem Of A Challenge #53 - Animals or Teddies (2nd entry)
Crafty Calendar (August) - Teddy Bear Parade + lots of layers (2nd entry)
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays  #83 - Anything Goes
 Promarkers #132 - Anything Goes
Everybody Art #202 - Anything Goes
Ready-Teddy-Go #13 - Anything Goes 
(3rd entry .. yes I really do love teddies lol!!)

That's all for today ... hope to be back soon with some LotV Christmas cards - my new Chrimbo stash of stamps and papers has arrived - yay! :-)

30 comments:

Claire said...

Adorable card Pauline, I love the monochromatic look - fabulous. Thanks for playing along with RTG this month. Hugs, Claire x

Elaine Stark said...

I love the monochrome look. A great card. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Debs M said...

he looks fab in black and white! Gorgeous card, love the spots and stripes. Thanks for joining us for our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge at Ready-Teddy-Go! Hope to see you again soon x
Debbie Dt

Lorraine said...

He looks brilliant in black and white. Love all your shading and great design too.
Lorraine x

Pink Dandelion said...

Super monochromatic card, love it. Debs xx

Squirrel x said...

Wow hun, you have aced the monochromatic look - this is amazing. My fave bear too, wonderful! Hugs Sxx

debby4000 said...

Love your adorable, gorgeous card Pauline.
luv
Debby

As.I.Do.Rodos. said...

Gorgeous card good luck with the I ♥ ProMarkers Anything Goes challenge. Hugs Ginny ♥

Michelle said...

Fabulous card. Like the way you colored the little bear.
Thanks for joining us at CYP.
LG Michelle

Anonymous said...

Perfect card for a man Pauline! Love this image and it looks great in monochrome.

Hope your hubby is feeling better now.
xx

WeirdCat said...

This is adorable, wonderful card, thank you for joining us at I♥Promarkers this week
Ruth x

Christine said...

Great male theme creation lovely mono papers..thanks for sharing with us at AGOAC this time.

smiles Christine x

Kim. said...

Adorable man's card, love the monochromatic colours. Thanks for joining us this week at My Time To Craft & this month at Crafty Calendar Challenges.
Kim xXx

Wattage said...

What a fantastic black and white - I woild love it if I get some cards like this for my 40th next week! Thanks for joining the challenge at Forever Friends, Lisa (DT) x

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card! I love the monochromatic idea!

Dawn said...

Just adorable! Love the B&W Tones Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Twine Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

Little K Smith said...

Oh this is gorogeous! I love the mono look and the bear is sooooo adorable!
Thank you for joining us and good luck :)
Kelly.x
Ready Teddy Go DT

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Pauline love the monochrome colour and your colouring and shading is brilliant, thanks for playing at TTT this time, hugs me xx

Judith said...

What a fab monochrome card - I love the way you've coloured this cute bear - just signed up as your latest follower!! Hugs Judith x

Nikbee said...

A wonderful card. I love the colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy and Creative Craft.
Nikki x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Pauline love the black & white colour combo thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Julia said...

Lovely creation! Great effect with the tone on tone.
Thanks for joining us at My Time To Craft.
Hugs,
Julia

Natalie said...

It turned out really well - hope he was pleased?!
Thanks for joining in at Creative Craft Challenges x

Kathleen said...

Fab card, love the sweet image. Gorgeous colouring
Thanks for joining us at Divas
Hugs
Kat xx

Unknown said...

Wow! I love this! Very cool. Thanks for playing at Party Time Tuesdays!

Sarah-Jane said...

Brilliant card. Thank you for joining us at Divas by Design this week.
Sarah-Jane xx

cheiron said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

cheiron said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

jenny said...

Beautiful card Pauline.....thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers :)

Jenny xx

Safdar Ali said...

What a lovely card. So beautiful. I like the colors you've used and that image is so cute. Also love the CAS style design like Clear Cards. Thanks for sharing.