Tuesday 31 July 2012

Rushing to catch up

Hello everyone - I'm back again after almost three weeks of non-crafting due to work and having been away for a week in Devon. It was lovely to get a break, though having been back a week it already seems like a semi-distant memory lol! Still, at least we now have the excitement of the Olympics .... I was totally blown away by the Opening Ceremony on Friday night and thought we really did ourselves proud, and managed to show the world that we've still got it when it comes to creativity (even though alas we haven't yet found it when it comes to striking gold in the medal table !!).

Anyhoo, I haven't had much opportunity to unpack my crafty stash recently, but there were a few challenges I really wanted to enter which close today at the end of the month; so here are two cards which I made last night.

First up, a card I made for a fabulous challenge by the lovely Brenda, which is to use poppies or poppy colours on your card.


I had quite a few ideas for this one; but the card I actually made was heavily influenced by my need to use my current favourite Memory Box die, and some vintage style papers I bought from Crafty Devils Papercraft in Barnstaple while I was away.  Not sure whether this is what Brenda is looking for as I see most of the other entries are more traditional poppies, but this is certainly a bit different lol!

Don't forget there is still time to enter for my Penny  Black blog hop candy which is a brand new "prim Poppy" die - you can find the post here


Stamps: Penny Black sentiment from "Salutations" transparent set (stamped in "London Fog" Memento);
Media: butterfly distressed wtih TH "spun sugar" distress ink; 
Papers: August Moon;
Supplies: pearls from The Hobby House; doily, lace, pearl brad and ribbon from my stash;
Tools: large classic circle nestability; Memory Box "Prim Poppy" die (decorated with glamour dust);  Cuttlebug cut 'n emboss butterfly.


Challenges:
Shabby Tea Room #125 - Sweet Summertime
(colours from inspiration photo + flowers + a stamped element)
Paper Pretties Monday #50 - Two or More Papers
Stamptacular - Patterns Galore (I have used 4 papers)
Top Tip Tuesday #82 - Focus On The Ribbon
Crafty Pad #181 - Things With Wings
Fussy & Fancy Friday #68 - Vintage With Distressing & Lace
Fab 'n' Funky #131 - No Stamped Image


My  second card today is a Christmas card - still not made too many of those yet (I think a bout 6 in total!!) so this design may form part of my "production line".


Stamps: Hero Arts (background Christmas text);
Media: stamping and distressing with TH Vintage Photo distress ink;
Supplies: gems from The Hobby house; ribbon from my stash;
Tools: Memory Box "Flowering Christmas Tree" die; Martha Stewart "eyelet lace" edge punch.


Challenges:
A Gem Of A Challenge #51 - Kraft At Christmas
Sweet Stampin' - Christmas In July
Creatalicious #36 - Christmas in July
Crafter's Companion #26 - Ho Ho Ho Christmas
Cute Card Thursday #227 - So Distressing
Simon Says - Anything Goes
Crafts & Me #94 - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday #79 - Anything Goes
J&C Creations #3 - Anything Goes

That's all for today ... hope to manage a bit more crafting this week and that I will be back soon with another card :-)


31 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 gorgeous cards Pauline I love them both and the MB dies are stunning too! Great to see you! glad you managed to cram in some well deserved crafting time too!
Thanks for playing along at Top Tip Tuesday this time for our Focus on Ribbon challenge, hugs Samantha :0)
PS don't forget you can enter 3 projects and or 3 Tips too! xx

brenda said...

Good morning Pauline,

Two totally lovely cards, but my absolute favourite has to be the soft delicate colours on the first one and pretty layout.

I keep looking at that poppy die on people's work and I don't think I can resist the urge to buy for much longer.

Thank you so much for taking the time to join in my fun poppy challenge, good luck with the draw for the voucher which I will do later today or first thing in the morning.

B x

Lorraine said...

Two gorgeous cards Pauline. The first one is so pretty. Love teh poppies and butterfly.
I love all thing christmassy - fab tree!
Lorraine x

Claire said...

Two gorgeous cards Pauline, love your first, so pretty and soft and your second one with the Kraft works so well with the die cut tree and hints of red. Hugs, Claire x

susiestacey said...

Beautiful cards and love the poppy die you have made them look so pretty. Thank you for joining the Summer Blooms challenge over at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

Unknown said...

Lovely use of ribbon on both of your cards Pauline! The pairing of lace and ribbon on your first card adds a feminine touch and gingham on your Christmas card adds a homespun touch. Not to mention those fab dies which are a must have now. ;) Fantastic cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for the Focus on the Ribbon challenge.
Hugs,
Lisa

Spyder said...

I love them both they are really gorgeous cards, those Memory Dies are lovely!
((Lyn))

Mary said...

Hi Pauline, both your cards are just gorgeous :) The first is so pretty and I love the Christmas tree. I am part of a Christmas blog hop every 25th of the month so I am always in Christmas mode LOL.

Thanks for playing along with us at Fussy and Fancy Friday Challenge...good luck.

Hugs,
Mary

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Doreen said...

fabby cards. Both are simply gorgeous
Many thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week
Hugs
Doreen

Anonymous said...

Hi Pauline, lovely to see you back.
Two gorgeous cards today! Love the soft colours on the first one.
xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous cards Pauline.

Hugs Riet.xx

Linby said...

Thanks for entering your gorgeous creation into the challenge at Penny Black & More.
Lynn x
DT

Mandy said...

Pauline your cards are absolutely gorgeous, the first is so very pretty and I love the white tree against the brown.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Anne-Marie said...

Such a gorgeous card.

Thank you for joining us at Fab 'n' Funky this week.

Anne-Marie x x

Pat said...

Two lovely cards, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky this week.

Pat xx

Dawn said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafty Pad this week!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx
PS I have Candy on my blog!

lindyloo said...

wow what a stunning card its beautiful
thank you for joining us at fab n funky
linda x

mixamatoasties said...

Gorgeous Christmas card.

Thanks for joining in at Sweet Stampin' this week. Hope to see you again soon.

Susan x

Jennifer said...

So pleased to hear that you have managed to squeeze in some 'crafting time', Pauline, AND have created 2 stunning cards...so different from each other, and both very 'classy'.

Hugs,
Jennifer. x

Deborah said...

Gorgeous cards - love the christmas card - stunning.

Flowergirl said...

Beautiful Xmas card, great use of the Kraft,
Thanks for joining in at A Gem Of A Challenge x
Wendy x

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Simply stunning! Thanks for playing along with The Crafty Pad's 'Things with Wings' challenge this week. Estelle xx

Zippy said...

Absolutely stu ning cards. Cant decide which I like best! Xxx

Sazzle said...

Great use of your Kraft card Pauline and a fab Xmas card too. I love that die too :-)

Thanks for joining us over at A Gem of a Challenge - good luck!

xx Happy crafting and glittery hugs xx

Sazzle

Rocky said...

Love both the cards, thanks for joining in at J & C Creations with a gorgeous tree.

Rachel said...

Really pretty cards.
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week, Wedgie xxx

StephG said...

beautiful card...I love the poppy die and how you added the pearls.
Thanks for playing at Stamptacular Sunday!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards, and very organised of you to even have 6 Christmas cards done! I'm impressed!

Bettina L. said...

Gorgeous cards with those poppies. Love the design with the doily, bow and butterfly too. So beautiful with the soft colours. Thanks for playing at Top Tip Tuesday and good luck. Hope to see you back tuesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

Kekoa Pika said...

I definitely love both cards. I love it! It has a vintage effect and I love that. Also, am loving the soft colors you used.
waikiki beach hotel