Thursday 5 July 2012

Laughter is the Music of the Soul

I was really inspired by this week's challenge over at Less Is More, which is to CASE their blog header.

"Less is More"

So many elements to choose from gave me so many ideas, but so far out of my comfort zone!! What I really liked about this challenge was that initially I thought I couldn't manage it, as I have no musical stamps and very little in the way of swirly stamps ... but I was sure I DID have a tiny scrap of Magnolia vintage-style sheet music paper somewhere .... I hunted it down and then all the rest of my ideas flowed from that.


The elements I consciously CASED were:
  1. sentiment as main focus
  2. colour scheme
  3. use of Baroque script font for main sentiment (computer generated), and focus on a word with a capital "M" to show off the scrolls
  4. musical notes to the top left corner
  5. small cream coloured element to the bottom right corner.
  6. Very teeny bit of bling to balance the card.

Stamps: Crafty individuals swirl;
Paper: Magnolia;
Supplies: teeny pearls from The Hobby House, teeny gems from my stash;
Tools: Cuttlebug Cut 'n' emboss butterfly.



Challenges:
Less Is More #74 - Lucky Dip
Creative Card Crew #14 - Swirls & Pearls
Papertake Weekly - Anything Goes

That's all for today - thanks for looking.

 

8 comments:

Claire said...

Beautiful card Pauline, I love the way you have set all of your elements out, makes for a very elegant card. Hugs, Claire x

Mandi said...

I think I sadi, Pauline, but I was the same as you. I had numerous ideas buzzing aroudn in my head, but, my fingers wouldnt bring them into fruition!
This is simply superb
Love it!

Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Stempelomi said...

stunning card!

Zippy said...

Fab card hun, lovely colours and very elegent. Adore the butterfly! Xxx

Zippy said...

Fab card hun, lovely colours and very elegent. Adore the butterfly! Xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Marianne said...

Wow, this is an amazing take on the LIM header. Love it.

NGCARDS said...

Great creation hun! Thanks for playing along at PTW! xxx