Sunday 26 December 2010

Fave five Christmas cards of 2010


The lovely Debby has got an open candy challenge until December 29th, asking us to show our 5 favourite Christmas cards of 2010.

Not an easy task as I find my faves change from month to month (or even week to week lol!) but here are my five faves, with a little indicator for each one as to why .....

Card 1


I made five cards more or less identical to the one above, and sent them to close friends and relatives. They are fairly simple really although they are actually VERY sparkly ... much more so than you can really see in the pic. but I received some really lovely comments about them which made me smile :-)

Card 2


Having got on a roll with the batch @ card 1, I also made about 20 slightly less complex (ie less flowery) "snowy scenes" cards which were similar variations on a theme. I found some fabulous ultra pearlescent white card in my local craft shop, which was perfect for the snowflake embossed background.

Although I made quite a few similar cards using various pastel card, roses and ribbon, I only had enough of the dotty pink ribbon for one - so I gave it to a young girl in my office who is totally in love with all things pink. She actually squealed when she saw it - it is rare moments like these that make cardmaking seem incredibly worthwhile! :-)

Card 3


I have totally fallen in love with LotV "James the Bear with tinsel" - his face just melts my heart :-) This was a GDT card for the brilliant Papertake Weekly using a sketch by the lovely Dawny P - I was very chuffed to be asked to do a GDT spot there.

I was also very pleased with the papers on this card which were rather more "zingy" than my usual style; and the papers also had another brilliant outcome - when I first published a couple of cards using them I got an email from another local lady who asked where I got them .. and the lovely Katina is now a great bloggy friend, and we are hoping to meet up (with Dawny P too) in the New Year !

So I guess you could call this my friendship card for 2010 lol!

Card 4


I have chosen this one as it incorporates so many of my current favourite things

  • adorable Lili of the Valley image (I think they have really excelled themselves with recent releases, and I can't wait to start inking up my neglected recent purchases which I've not had time for due to the Christmas rush!);
  • gorgeous Wild Orchid Crafts flowers (inc. hellebores) and lace;
  • Papermania "Silent night" paper which I think is fabulous for vintage-style cards;
  • my Marianne D Creatables "flower swirl" which I have used LOADS on this year's Chrimbo cards.

    Card 5


    I couldn't finish without including the card I made for my husband .. it is one of my favourites because it is for him, if for no other reason! The fact it has another adorable LotV bear on it is just a bonus ... he reminds me of my husband, as on the first night of the snow on December 17th he had to walk over 2 miles home in a blizzard from our local railway station following his Christmas meal. When he arrived his hat and coat were well c overed and he looked about as bewildered as that bear!! I also love the Pink Gem Designs sentiment on this card, and all the sparkle.

    Well that's it from me ... look forward to seeing your favourites too :-)

    hugs


  • 9 comments:

    Lynne in NI said...

    ohhh these are all beautiful ... TFS!

    Helen said...

    Great selection of cards Pauline...I think the last one is my fave...James the bear is just soooooooo cute...gorgeous colour too!
    Hope you've had a lovely Christmas weekend! :0)
    Helen x

    Lorraine A said...

    Gorgeous cards Pauline :-) I love them all ,, the first 2 are stunning ,,,very stylish ,, and the tinsel on the james bear looks real !! love that one ,, :-)

    luv
    Lols x x x

    Spyder said...

    Lovely cards, I think my fav is #3...or #4!!
    Merry Christmas
    (Lyn)

    Kaz said...

    What a fab five you have chosen! Love all of them.
    Hope your enjoyinmg the Christmas break.
    Hugs
    Kaz xx

    debby4000 said...

    Oh Stunning and gorgeous collection Pauline. Thank you for joining in my Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    Annie said...

    All beautiful cards - just love them. Can't possibly choose a favourite.
    Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Ann xxx

    Anonymous said...

    Beautiful cards Pauline! and these are just some of the fantastic cards you have made!! I love your cards and you did not include the lovely card you made for me :0)
    hugs Samantha

    ribenaruby said...

    Hi Pauline, popping by to wish you and your family a very Happy New Year! Ruby x