Monday 2 November 2009

Melinda does the combo


This is the first time I've been able to post any of the cards I made on Sunday afternoon, as there was no decent light yesterday to photograph anything! It really was one of those afternoons ... first I found that the piece of paper I NEEDED for one of the challenges had mysteriously disappeared (or been used up), and then I spent an hour watercolouring and decorating an image, only to smudge the flowersoft (furry edging) and glue before it was dry ... back to the drawing board!! Eventually though I did manage to make three cards ... so here is the first one.



Here is "Confirmand Melinda" - not really a Christmas image, but I think she works on Christmas cards if teamed with the right papers and embellies. I would like to enter this card for the following 9 challenges:

Whiff of Joy #53 - red, cream and one other colour (in my case ... brown)
Daring Cardmakers - getting punchy with it ... the challenge asks you to use your latest craft punch purchase. Well that's easy for me - my latest is the gorgeous Martha Stewart "Arctic Snowflake" punch. In fact, I've also used my last-but-one craft punch purchase, which was the Martha Stewart "embossed snowflakes" edge punch.
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #39 - border punches
One Stop Craft Challenge #53 - newspaper/text - I have used a piece of red paper covered with Christmas words.
Saturday Spotlight with Hidden Potential (SSHP05) - In So Many Words - again I have used the text-covered paper.
Our Creative Corner - Vintage Style
Crafty Cardmakers #7 - Stamp Something . The "optional" extra is to use a stamping technique you haven't used before or for a while - I coloured in my image using Twinkling H2O's which have been sitting in my stash unloved for a while!
Flutter By Wednesday #81 - open week ... fairy/butterfly/angel
BasicGrey #7 - photo inspiration. As you can see below - the colours are a deep red, winter white and brown.

Recipe:
Main image: Whiff of Joy "Confirmand Melinda" coloured with watercolour pencils and Twinkling H20's, distressed on the edges using distress ink, and decorated with glamour dust;
Papers: BasicGrey "Wassail" (background), BasicGrey"Figgy Pudding" (across middle), and text paper from my stash;
Supplies: BasicGrey "opaline" pearls; sentiment rub on, brads and lace from my stash;
Tools: Martha Stewart "Arctic Snowflake" punch and "embossed snowflakes" edge punch - from The Hobby House.

Here's an angled shot to show up the iridescent gold twinklies on melinda's dress ...


Back tomorrow with a couple more of my weekend efforts :-)

Update Tuesday: Simon Says Challenge has just posted that they are ENCOURAGING multiple entries for their all that sparkles challenge in an attempt to reach 300 entries. I had already entered this challenge, but as this is a pretty sparkly card I have made whilst the challenge has been open, I'm entering it as a THIRD entry :-)

18 comments:

Nicki said...

This is a beautiful image Pauline and you've made her look very Christmassy, love the papers you've used. Well done on so many challenges! Nicki, xx

Kathy said...

Lovely card - that's such a pretty image. Thanks for sharing with The Daring Cardmakers

Mary J said...

Wow, how really pretty! I love how you've created that subtle shine and used the lace to keep it all so feminine!

Claire Ellen Designs said...

lovely colouring and fabby snowflakes, thanks for joining us at WOj this week, hugs, Claire xx

Helen said...

Beautiful card Pauline! I love the way you've coloured Melinda...her dress is gorgeous!
Helen x

Melissa said...

Very vintage, very sweet! I love the details and the papers you chose work perfectly!

Thanks for playing with us at the OCC!

Squirrel x said...

Pauline hun, this is a totally gorgeous card babe! Love the papers and chosen colours and Melinda is beautiful - she suits Christmas perfectly (more so than confirmation - never seen those little 'uns looking angelic LOL!)Stunning creation. Hugs, Squirrel xx

Happy Crafter said...

Hi Pauline,This is a gorgeous card love the colour combo:)
Hugzz Val xxx

mueppi said...

Wonderful card and great details!!!!!!!!
Hugs Gisela

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, love the script text. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge. Donna x

Rach said...

a gorgeous card sweetie, fabulous colouring, i love how she shimmers. thank you for joining us at wojcb.xx

Lynda said...

Gorgeous card and that is such a pretty image. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh wow!! What a really fabulous creaiton hun!! I love the colors and the fabby papers!! The border and your coloring is so stunning!! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Saturday Spotlight!! HUGS

Arty Cards n Crafts said...

Beautiful card! Gorgeous coloring, beautifully embellished! I love it!

Chris said...

A beautiful card Pauline and I agree about the image, she's so sweet and definitely perfect for Christmas too.Wonderful colouring and design, love how you interpreted the inspiration photo. Glad you could join us this time at BG Challenges, Chris and the DT :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous layout and beautiful angel!! Love everything about your card!! Thanks for playing with the Sat. Spotlight!!

Unknown said...

its brilliant, well done, i love all the colours they work so well together, well done and thank you for joining us at crafty cardmakers xx

Vixykins said...

Awww Pauline I think we all have those days where you feel like spitting feathers! You've done a lovely job, love the iri gold x

Many thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers challenge