Sunday 2 August 2009

Happy holidays at the Glitterpot!

I've just got back today from a week's holiday in Kent - never visited that part of the world before: we had a lovely time, staying at a gorgeous boutique hotel in Royal Tunbridge Wells called the Brew House hotel , and visiting various places around Kent and East Sussex.

One of the highlights had to be the day that my husband went fishing, and I drove over to The Glitterpot, where I also met my crafty friend Karen for the first time. We have been online friends for over a year in a small friendship club started through a shared love of Penny Black stamps, so it was brilliant to finally get to meet. And what better place than the Glitterpot, which has got (amongst many other fabulous things) the biggest selection of PB stamps I have ever seen in one physical place. Karen is lucky enough to live about 20 miles from the Glitterpot so it wasn't her first visit, though I think I will probably have to revert to online ordering from now on lol!

So here we are - that's me on the left, and Karen on the right. You will notice that we had to get pictured surrounded by PB stamps - what you can see there is only a small selection of the whole!!

All in all we had a fab time - shopping ... chatting and getting to know each other .. and chatting with the lovely GP staff. All I need to do now is get going with some cardmaking to use my new acquisitions - hope to be back soon with my first post-holiday card, and also catch up with some blog hopping. Luckily I'm not back in work until Tuesday :-)

hope you've all had a great weekend!




5 comments:

Rach said...

sounds like you have had a lovely break, love the picture of you and your friend..
Thank you for joining in with my blog candy and good luck . hugs rachxx

Tasha said...

Oh my Gosh you we near me - im regularly going in the Glitterpot - small world.
Hope you had a fun time surrounded by those PB's
love tasha xx

Lovely Linda said...

So nice to see a photo of you Pauline - what a lovely photo and in Stamp Heaven too!! Sounds like you had a great time - I look forward to seeing your cards....they are always so beautiful! I have some Candy on my Blog when you get the chanve to pop over - and some news!! God bless you my friend!! {{{hugs}}}

PinksyDoodles said...

Glad you had a good holiday, made even better by a trip to the Glitter Pot, and so lovely for you to meet a blogging friend.
Hope to see you creations with your new stash soon.
Clare x

Helen said...

I am sooooo jealous Pauline - the Glitter Pot IS Penny Black heaven!
Can't wait to see your new stash!
Really looking forward to meeting Kaz in a couple of weeks...such a shame you won't be there too :0(
Helen x