Friday 7 November 2008

One card fits 6 challenges


Rightee... I have got rather behind this week with challenges, not least because I spent an evening dithering over my first proper DT card for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge (all will be revealed tomorrow LOL!) However, last night I sat down to make a birthday card for my friend Mand (I hope I'm safe posting it as she hasn't had opportunity to blog for a while) .... and I looked around the challenges on the go for some inspiration. Well, I suppose you could say I found plenty, as I think I managed to fulfil SIX challenges with this one .....
1. Whiff of Joy Challenge #7 is a fantastic sketch - I don't own any WOJ stamps (yet!), but I had some fantastic images of Melinda gifted to me by Cathy, so that formed my starting point


2. This week's ABC Challenge is P is for pink .... well to be honest that's not a hard one for me, as pink tends to feature rather a lot (too much??) in my card making ... I've even started making pink Christmas cards now, but that's another story .....

3. Cute Card Thursday #35 is Fairies and Angels .... so the WOJ Melinda stamp fulfils that one nicely :-)

4. Similarly, the One Stop Craft Challenge #2 is Things with Wings ....

5. You may spot (though the photo doesn't make it very clear) that I have made the wings and hearts sparkly with glamour dust ... which is a requirement for today's Daring Cardmakers Challenge which is sparkle and bling

6. Last but not least, Arty Girlz Challenge #59 is to include a hand drawn element ... so at the last minute Igot brave and doodled a little around the edge of my image ... it ain't very artistic .. but it's done now!

I used: main image WOJ "Melinda Blowing Kisses", watercolorued and decorated on wings and hearts with glamour dust; sentiment by Papermania; papers by Melissa Frances; buttons from local market.

22 comments:

Liza said...

WOW! a 6 in 1, I take my hat off to you Pauline! The card is gorgeous and the image is coloured to perfection.

Liza x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Well, what can I say...6 challenges...that's some going! Fab card. Thanks for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge again (still enjoying saying that. lol!)
Sharon

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card, love the buttons. Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

Powerful Search Engine said...

Amazing 6 challenges in one wee card! It is a lovely card. Pascale :)

Donna said...

Wow 6 challenges, how clever are you? lol Beautiful card, love how you coloured the image and papers are really pretty. Congratulations on becoming a penny black dt member, can't wait to see your card. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge. Donna x

Dawn said...

Good Grieg 6 challenges!
Beautiful card!

Shelley said...

What a great card, many challenges rolled in to one.
Thanks for joining in with our One Stop Craft Challenge.
Shelley

Kathy said...

This is so pretty

SueH said...

What a great card Pauline.

It must have taken some preparation to make one card fit all six challenges!

Ellen said...

that must have taken quite some thought to fit all 6 challenges in .
the result is great

Jozza said...

Lovely card - very pretty. Love the delicate feel it has :o)

Mephisto said...

Thats a sweet Card! I like the WOJ-Stamps so much!

Domi

Claire said...

6 in 1, that's impressive! I love the card, it's beautiful.

Claire

Donalda said...

Now you done good putting all those challenges into 1 card dear. It sure is gorgeous dear. THanks for joining us at WOJ

Karin said...

Wow your card is so stunning, really brilliant, and your coloring is perfect.

Karin

Crissi Harvey said...

pretty card

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

debby4000 said...

Lovely cute card, such pretty colours.

Julie Allain said...

Your card is wonderful Pauline

Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge

Julie xx

Tracey said...

Beautiful card & congratulations on the 6 challenges, I love it when I can combine them :o)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Heather Huggins said...

Stunning!! Hope you'll join us again... Thanks for tring my sketch this week...

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

sensational card and OMG 6 challenges!

thanks for joining us this week on ABC

hugs jane x

Jen said...

great card, thanks for joining the ABC challenge this week.
Jen x