Monday 3 November 2008

High Hopes of a Secret Crafter


I recently received some adorable and unusual cute images of Inca "snow ladies" from Margaret (Arum Lily) at Docrafts; and have been waiting eagerly for an opportunity to use them. When I saw the Secret Crafter Challenge #5 this week was to use a fabby sketch and the colours pink, brown and white, I thought the time had come ... all I needed was some pink Christmas paper! Luckily I spotted some gorgeous Bo Bunny papers in my local craft shop at the weekend, so I was all set! You will notice that I have rather distorted the proportions of the sketch but hope you can still see the basic shape ... I was just sooo determined to use this image LOL!

I would also like to enter this card for this week's High Hopes Challenge #6, which is to make a holiday card in non-traditional colours ... well I hope you'll agree pink is non-traditional.

I also realised pretty last minute that this card is also suitable (I hope) for this week's Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge #23, which is sparkle and bling .. so I would draw your attention to the glitter card and gems LOL !

Last but not least, almost at exactly the same time I'm posting this I notice that this week's PTW Challenge is Simply Sparkling .... how could I resist?

I used: main image is Inca "Snow Lady", coloured with watercolour pencils; sentiment by Stamp Away; white gltter card embossed using Cuttlebug Snowflake folder; white felt ribbon by Papermania; pink and brown gems by Paper Studio.

20 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Beautiful card. Stunning stamp - expertly coloured. I love the felt ribbon too.
Sharon

Jill said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, cute image and fab colouring I love those papers thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

stunning

love it

thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

hugs jane x

Crissy Armstrong said...

So cute! I love your card! Thanks for playing in the High Hopes Challenge!

Jac’s Playground said...

Gorgeous card,such a fab image.

Donna said...

Wow what a fab card Pauline, love the image, not seen this one before. Thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

Wendy said...

Super Card Pauline. Thank you for taking part in the challenge. Wendy x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card and what a fun image, Hugs, Nikki x

Helen said...

Lovely - I've not seen that image before! It didn't occur to me to use these colours for a Christmas card...but then again I didn't notice the colours we were supposed to use at all the first time I read the challenge! lol
Helen x

Lyn said...

lovely card, the image is great and certainly fits the non traditional colours for christmas. Love it

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow pauline a stunning card and such a cute snowman! Linda x

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Thanks for playing along this week, Hugs Debbie x

Debbie said...

Oh my this is gorgeous Pauline, I love that image and the pretty pink papers...real girly card. Debbie x

Sue said...

fabulous card and i love this image,thanks for joining us at scsc:)

sue
xx

Dawny P said...

Love it Pauline, especially the white cut out bits - is that felt ribbon? It's gorgeous whatever it is and I think I am in need of som lol xxx And the image is just fabulous xxxx

Ann said...

Oh Wow, I just love this image and the whole card is just brilliant - love it xx

Helen said...

Hi Pauline,
I've got a little something for you over on my blog...
Helen x

Liza said...

Gorgeous card Pauline, the image is fabulous!

Liza x

Mrs Mayne said...

Great card! Love the glitter and gems! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

Erum Tasneem said...

gorgeous card!


Hugs from Pakistan!
VIBGYOR Krafts