Monday 13 October 2008

Basic Grey meets Friday Sketchers


I always take a look at what's going on over on the Basic Grey Challenge blog as I love BG papers; so I was really keen to join in this week with the theme of Colour Combo. Now I must admit that I struggled a bit with this; because although I have quite a few BG papers, they mostly don't fall into any of the three colour themes allowed. Anyhow I decided to make the best of it, and went for green + red/maroon. In this case I think it is definitely maroon ... there is also some blue in there, but would beg that you overlook that!

I also incorporated this week's sketch from Friday Sketchers #23, as I thought (hoped!) it would work with the co-ordinating designs on the double-sided paper.

So .. here we are with another Christmas card. I've brought out my trusty "That Santa" stamp (Rubber Stampede, "Santa Collage"), and used a Stampendous Perfectly Clear sentiment stamp. The paper is BasicGrey "Figgy Pudding", snowflakes are cut from glitter card with my Cuttlebug, ribbon is from Sir Stampalot, and gems are by Papermania. it's kinda different for me, so I hope you like it!

9 comments:

Bev said...

Fabulous card Pauline, I love that Santa stamp - it's my favourite!! Beautiful papers too. hugs Bev x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

It's gorgeous, Pauline. You're giving me ideas for that santa stamp now!
Sharon

Heidi said...

You have made a wonderful christmas card - I really love the santa and the colors
Thank you for joining FS this week

Hugs from
Heidi

Unknown said...

oh really wonderful and so precious.
thank you for your entry to my sketch at friday sketchers.
hugs, bea

Kathy said...

Fantastic papers and I just love your image!! Great interpretation of the sketch :)Kathy

Cardmaking Galore said...

Nice card

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow stunning card ,so gorgeous ,Dawnxx

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Santa image! Your card is just gorgeous! Excellent work!

Unknown said...

Love it. you know I love that stamp, it all works together so well. as always a very lovely card :-D